Chelsea School welcomes applications from dedicated professional educators. Current open positions are listed below -- you can apply online by submitting a completed application for employment along with your resume using the form at the bottom of this page.
Candidates should email an application and resume directly to Karen Williams, Director of Education, using the form below.
Chelsea School is in search of a reading specialist to work in our learning disability community. The reading specialist is responsible for providing direct instruction to middle and high school students, in small groups, to enable students to develop literacy skills. Ideal candidates will have expertise in reading instruction and in administering and interpreting reading assessments to develop instruction. Training in Orton-Gillingham, LTRS, Wilson, and/or Lindamood Bell is a plus for this position.
Chelsea School specializes in educating college-bound students with learning disabilities. For more information on our program, student population and educational philosophy, please see our website: www.chelseaschool.edu
Ideal Candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Valid Maryland state education licensure (or equivalent out-of-state licensure) in Special Education
- Master’s degree or equivalent post-baccalaureate graduate credit in special education, reading specialization, or related field
- Familiarity with a variety of multi-sensory, systematic, structured instructional programs and practices for literacy
- Experience assessing student progress toward achievement of benchmarks goals and objectives
- Ability to diagnosis and structure intervention plans for reading
- Understanding of the nature of language-based learning disabilities, especially as they apply to literacy
- Competence in writing IEP goals and objectives for reading, as well as present levels of performance
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Familiarity working with student records including: neuropsychological reports, academic testing, IEPs, etc.
Candidates should email an application and resume directly to Karen Gallo, Literacy Coordinator, using the form below.